Sunday 12 May 2013

April Favourites 2013!

I don't really know whether its a bit late to be doing April Favourites but I have really been loving a few products for the month of April and I feel very eager to share them with you, so here they are!


Witch naturally clear facial cleanser
I have been using this cleanser for quite a while now not only for the month of April and I absolutely love it! I have combination skin with and oily T-Zone (annoying) so I tend to avoid cleansers that are cream based because they just make the oiliness of my skin even worse which causes me to break out. This one is great because its foam based and one of the things that I love most about this cleanser is that after I have put my skin through torture with wearing makeup all day, when I wash the makeup off at the end of the day, its takes everything off and leaves nothing behind so you know that you are not clogging your pores it also means that you don't have to use a toner which lets be honest takes way too much effort. You will be able to purchase this in any Boots I would imagine.


Simple purifying cleansing lotion
After I have cleansed my face I use this moisturiser which kind of balances everything out in the sense that the cleanser does the job of drying my skin, making sure that it controls the oil levels and the cleansing lotion makes sure that my skin doesn't get too dry and cause me break out. Same with this product I have been using it for quite a while now and not only for the month of April. The two products work really well together if you are like me and have combination skin with an oily T-Zone I definitely recommend trying these two products out the cleansing is water based as well and Simple products are great because all the ingredients are natural so you know that you are not going to damage your skin with any harsh chemicals, you will be able to purchase this from Boots as well.


 
di palomo wild fig & grape hand cream
I have been loving this hand cream for the month of April. What I love about this hand cream that its really dry but moisturising at the same time, because most of the time hand creams are too moist and not very absorbent which it just leaves your hands feeling sticky. Before trying this product I was not familiar with the brand at all so I didn't really know what to expect but turned out to be great. One of the things that I love about it as well is that its a really small size so you can just throw in your bag and you are good to go. This product was actually given to me by my mum from this event that she went to, so I'm not too sure where you will be able to get this product, the name does sound a bit foreign but a little browse on the internet won't hurt, its worth it. 
 
 
Collection 2000 pressed powder


Love, love, love! I think I might have used this everyday for the month of April which is quite evident because I have hit pan. It is a translucent powder so it doesn't give off any colour which means that it would pretty much work for any complexion. I loved using this after I have applied my foundation and concealer and all that good stuff , it worked great as a setting powder so you don't have to wait too long for your makeup to set, I am one of those people who always forgets to put primer on and only remember after I have applied foundation (so annoying). I can not believe its lasting me this long because I used it so much. You would be able to purchase this from any Boots store. I just hope and pray that they don't choose to discontinue this product.
 

 
MAC Paint Pot
I am so in-love with my paint pot! I have it in the shade "quite natural" which is a little bit darker than my skin tone, I use it as a eye shadow base as well as a eye primer; I think it works well for both purposes. I bought this from the MAC counter around January time and only decided to use it for the month of April for some reason and it has been amazing. I am definitely planning to buy another one once this one is used up which I don't think is anytime soon because it looks like one of those products that last you a very long time which I'm not complaining about. If I do get another paint pot, I might get it in a different shade just to try them all out. Definitely recommend! I'm pretty sure you could get this online or at any MAC counter.
 
 
Rimmel Sexy Curves Mascara
My favourite part when doing my makeup is applying mascara and this mascara has just taken it up a notch. This one is in intensive black because I love my eyelashes being really dark. My favourite thing about this mascara is the wand, it makes it really easy to apply on the inner lashes and the bottom lashes without any smudges. It gives my eyelashes super volume which is a thumbs up for me because I am pretty content with the length of my eyelashes its just that I feel I don't have a lot of them and this mascara does a good job of making them look like I have a lot more. Just like the others you can get this from any Boots.
 

 
Bourjois Intuitive liner
This liquid liner is quite interesting to any of the others I have tried because of the unusual applicator but believe it or not it actually makes it a lot more easier to apply because the whole idea behind it is that you create dots along your lash line and then fill them in, which I think is pretty impressive. My favourite thing about this product is that it lasts very long on the eyelid meaning it doesn't really fade away as time goes on because what I have found with liquid liners that I have tried in the past is they fade away as time passes and it would be a bit of hassle trying to apply more on top of that, so if you are looking for a liquid liner that is easy to apply and will last long I think this is your pick.
 
 
Price's Scented Candle
I have got this candle in the scent "Sweet Vanilla" and I am so in-love with this. It is such a strongly scented candle and I just light for about 30 minutes and my whole room smells like sweet vanilla. I am all for anything that smells nice! I am definitely thinking about trying these candles in other scents and I think you should to if you are like me and are obsessed with scented candles.
 
 
Company UK April Issue
The last item is my absolute favourite magazine! As soon as I saw Emma Stone on the cover I just had to get it, she is such a funny/brilliant actress and don't think anyone can disagree after watching Crazy, Stupid, Love (I think that's what its called) or The Help. This issue was a music issue which is right up my street because I do love my music! One of my favourite things about Company is that they include high street fashion and high fashion looks unlike some other magazines which are either one or the other. Every month I make it my duty to purchase this magazine.
 
 
Let me know in the comments if you tried any of these items before? if yes what did you think about it? If you have any other post ideas that you would like me do, fashion or beauty let me know in the comments as well.
 
Lucille
xoxo
  
 

 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for stopping to comment. I read all the comments that I receive :-))