Saturday 23 March 2013

Be Brave!

This post is kind of different to my usual but I thought it would be nice to share with you some of the things that I have gone through in my life that I can be proud of. Over the past three years I have learnt so much about myself and about life (deep I know). I always try to get all the positive out of every experience that I go through but this was not not always my frame of mind. About three years ago I moved to a small island called Guernsey not a lot of people have of it. Moving school is never a good thing especially when you have made your friends (main reason) and are just used to your normal routine I think I was always afraid of change because I'm kind of a control freak and I like knowing whats going on in my life and there was just something about moving that was the unknown, not knowing where you going to live, not knowing which school you are going to, not knowing whether you are going to make friends or not. It was just the matter of "only time will tell". You would think that moving around so much I would get used to it but NO each time was just as bad as the last.

However, it just didn't compare, moving around in South Africa was okay I guess because you still are in your own country but moving to a different country just seemed scarier let alone an island. Now when I sit back and think about it, the worry was all for nothing because I got the chance live on an amazing island which is something an ordinary person my age from South Africa would never get to experience and I have met some amazing people (friends that I would want to keep for life).

South Africa, Home.
 I have just moved recently, last year September to another island called Jersey (last move until I choose) about 10 min's away from Guernsey by plane. And I had the exact same feelings that I had the last time because I am human and no matter how many times I move I'm always going to be afraid of the unknown and I think everyone is, that is just how life works, that is just how my life was meant to plan out and I wouldn't have it any other way because if all of it did not happen I would not be the person I am today it has also allowed me to meet my amazing new friend Amber, someone that I have learnt so much from, she is probably one of the most genuine people you'll ever meet which I think is very rare to find now days. Even though this year would probably go down as one of my toughest years having to move in my final year of GCSE's it has made me realise that I'm so much more stronger than I thought I was .

I just feel really lucky and grateful for all that I have experienced whether it be good or bad because I have learnt so much from it. So basically the message is Be Brave! because if I can get through anything, so can you!

(enough cheese in one day I think)

Lucille
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for stopping to comment. I read all the comments that I receive :-))