Monday 8 July 2013

Review: MAC Paint Pots

Hey you guys.. today I decided to do a review on the MAC Paint Pots which has been featured in previous posts that I have done but I thought it would be good to idea to give you guys a run down of my thoughts of this product. Maybe this will help if you are doing some research before you spend the money because lets be honest its not the cheapest of products. I am also including swatches so you guys can see more of the pigmentation and formula of the product. I am aware that there are dupes as well which I will include information about in this post if you want to save a little bit money.

 
The two that I have and will be reviewing is "Quite Natural" and "Indianwood". Quite Natural has been in other posts of mine and Indianwood is one that I got recently. MAC says that these are " A highly pigmented eye colour that goes on creamy but dries to an intense vibrant finish", all of which I agree with. I first got the Quite Natural paint pot when a MAC makeup consultant recommended that I use this to prevent my eyeshadows from creasing and at the time I didn't really know a lot about the product but I decided to try it anyway being the impulsive person that I sometimes can be. So she recommended one closest to my skin colour which was Quite Natural, after doing research on the product I found that maybe "Groundwork" would have been a better option for my skin colour but Quite Natural still works just fine. I use it as a base as well as a primer and I have not been disappointed.
 
Left: Quite Natural, Right: Indianwood
 
Quite Natural is a matte chocolate brown colour which works great if you want to do an intense eye look. Because I loved Quite Natural so much the second time around I decided to go for a paint pot that had a bit more colour to it and I immediately gravitated towards Indianwood because I usually just stick to gold/bronze natural eye looks so I knew that I would get the most use out of Indianwood. I have worn Indianwood on its own all over the lid with a dark brown eyeshadow in my crease and it looked so good and simple at the same time and what I love about this product is that it lasts really long, approximately 8 hours if I counted correctly and because it is like a cream eyeshadow there is no fall out.
 
 
This is what the colour pigmentation looked like on me. The dupes for the MAC Paint Pots are the famous Maybelline Colour Tattoos that many beauty bloggers seem to love, I personally do not own or have not tried any of the the Maybelline Colour Tattoos as yet but I am very eager to try them out and see how they compare to the paint pots.
 
 
The Indianwood paint pot is a lot like MAC's Woodwinked (Veluxe Pearl) eyeshadow but in the pan Woodwinked looks a lot darker than Indianwood; on the skin it looks exactly the same so if you enjoy using eyeshowdows more than cream eyeshadows I definitely recommend to try Woodwinked out.
 
 
In terms of the packaging of the product, I personally love it! it's the classic sleek MAC packaging. However, these are glass pots so if you are thinking about travelling with them you might want to be a bit careful with how you pack them. Overall I love MAC Paint Pots and definitely look forward to purchasing more. I give this product a 8/10 I would give it a 10/10 but unfortunately the price(£15.00) does bring it down a little bit.
 
Well Done if you managed to get through this post!
 
Lucille
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for stopping to comment. I read all the comments that I receive :-))